A vanity site for sure. When I get an urge to write a short story or a poem, here is where it lands. I even like a few of them. I hope you like even one.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

AUTUMN IS A MELANCHOLY TIME


Autumn is a melancholy time

a time of yellowing and falling

leaves. A time of beauty and

quiet.


Of man and beast preparing to face

winter, the harshest season of all.


The season of silence and introspection

a season to dwell on deep thoughts,

a time to foster friendships deep.


Yeah right!


It’s cold and wet

and stinking nasty.


My feet are cold, my nose is

running faster than my car which

has a frozen radiator.


Ice has formed on all my trees,

and loud snaps threaten me with

the sounds of timber as they

fall and bring my garage to the ground.


Yet it is a serene season,

a season to reflect on all the

good things of nature.


Yeah, right again!


© jim kittelberger 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment