A vanity site for sure. When I get an urge to write a short story or a poem, here is where it lands. I even like a few of them. I hope you like even one.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I THOUGHT ABOUT DEATH TODAY.
By Jim Kittelberger




I thought about death today,
Of sadness and leavings.
I hate leavings, always have.


If your life has been touched
With love, then how could it be otherwise.
A life of happiness is like beautiful music,
You wish to enjoy it forever.


Life is a gift of immeasurable treasures,
That I will surely hold on to with all my strength,
Until my fingers too weak for the effort,
are placed in that benevolent hand that
Will lead me to that place of gathering.


The miracle of what is to be will heal all wounds
And sadness, to be replaced one day by that
Wonderful moment of reunion when all
The love of earth will once again surround me.


Knowing this, as rock hard truth wrapped in
Heavenly faith comforts me now, and when the
Moment of leaving arrives will without doubt
Provide to the most loved of my loves an island
Of peace and promise.


Jim Kittelberger 2001. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment