A vanity site for sure. When I get an urge to write a short story or a poem, here is where it lands. I even like a few of them. I hope you like even one.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I’VE FALLEN IN LOVE AGAIN

By Jim Kittelberger

Written for and dedicated to my long suffering wife of so many years

With pure love and devotion.

I was so very young when I chanced to see

A lovely image pass by me

I felt something stir within, and perhaps, just perhaps,

I knew.

But I could never know that we were destined

To spend a lifetime together,

And that I would fall in love with her then, and again

And again.

Experiencing young love, hot and intense,

Free of reason or any pretense. Lust is

King and rules the game, and the lovers

Ardently embrace that flame.

Middle age love is the most difficult of times, when

Ambition and selfishness oft times make us forget

And abuse our most truly precious possession,

Each others love.

Wisdom and perseverance must be heeded,

For first love is truly blest, and if nurtured will stand the test.

Those who navigate those difficult moments will emerge

At the end a much wiser person, intact,

With their loved one still by their side.

And then as the years unfold, the numbers that began at two

And multiplied to three, four, or more, begins its inexorable

Natural subtraction until there are but two, as it all began.

And if you are as lucky as I, then when that time arrives,

You will discover young love all over again, enhanced

By the knowledge that the person who shares your bed

Each night is the most valuable person in your life

Your lifelong companion, your life’s delight.

Now I have discovered once more, after almost two

Score and ten, I have fallen in love all over again, as sappy and silly as I have so many times before, with this woman that I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment