A vanity site for sure. When I get an urge to write a short story or a poem, here is where it lands. I even like a few of them. I hope you like even one.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A STRANGE OCCURANCE

By Jim Kittelberger

My mind meandered off course today

in it’s own peculiar way.

Familiar images but strange and puzzling

appeared and formed, awakening thoughts long since dead

and gone.

A hand reached down from up above

and I gazed in wonder, but could or would not clasp.

The need, the adolescent wish too long

hoped for but now abandoned.

The need no longer existing,

if it ever did, but still the guidance

there implied, but forever denied

died long ago with the father.

Why I wonder out of the blue

my mind would resurrect a desire now long dead

from one whose indifference to a son’s

need died with him too long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment